Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Faithfully...Yours!

To perpetuate Bean's thoughts on his beliefs.
"Belief implies faith, and faith needs no proof. " Though the latter half of this statement holds good for me I need a moment with my senses of what secernates belief and faith.
Therefore we now have to present the incompatibility between belief and faith.
Belief as I know it, is a trust placed in a vague entity or a hypothesis. I believe in God, his omniscience and I believe in his supremacy. But it cannot be proven with collateral of his existence. Therefore my belief can probably never be substantiated. Thus my belief remains a belief and nothing more than that. While at the same time, I have a faith. I have a faith in the judicial system because it has helped thwart malice and injustice many a time. Thus faith for me would indicate a 'stronger than oak' belief. "My compatriates placed utmost faith in me and I betrayed the very same." The reason for them to have placed such a faith in me was because of prior certification of my ability to maintain their trust. But now I've betrayed a truth not a hypothesis. I was dependable, but now it seems that I am not. Belief isn't a confidence, its an intuition, that you're quite aware can turn onto you. While in faith, I lend myself completely into the element in question but then again I can still say I am assured that my faith will not prove wrong. While a zealot is purely a proponent of a belief, he does so because of his faith in factors that are proven and can be assured as thematic to such a belief.
The belief I hold in a supernaturality is purely because that I have faith in the concept of creationism. This may or may not have been proven but, creation did not happen to conceive itself. Just as the big bang happened and may be backed faithfully by scientific reckoning so too is my belief in God although this belief does not stem my faith in him. Though his existence forms the crux of my belief I have no faith in his abilities as almighty. I have no faith in his actions upon humanity. He holds a position that I feel affects my abilities in no way thus summing up his omniscence as just a belief without sufficient circumstance.
Ergo it maybe said that belief maybe a subserviant rank of faith, because I believe that faith is belief backed by faithful evidence.

No comments: